Norwegian monarch to visit ONS
His Majesty King Harald V of Norway is to attend this year’s Offshore Northern Seas (ONS) in Stavanger, reports confirm.
HRH has been ONS Royal High Protector since it first started in 1974. At that time, he attended as the Crown Prince before becoming King in 1991 upon the death of his father Olav V on 17 January, the same day Operation Desert Storm began.
“The Royal Family has always been there for ONS” director Leif Johan Sevland, former Mayor of Stavanger, says to Aftenbladet, “and we are extremely grateful he takes the time to do so.”
King Harald will be making a speech on 28 August, before declaring ONS officially open. This year’s theme is “Confronting Energy Paradoxes”.
I dag ankom Hadia Tajik (Ap) Buøy for å få en nærmere titt på verftet som hennes far startet i da han kom til Norge.
- Mineral extraction, renewable energy threaten Nordic Sámi rights, UN says
- Asylum seekers cycle past Norway-Russia border agreement
- Schlumberger-Cameron purchase may spawn more Norway M&A
- Eni-Coast Authority Arctic oil spill deal greenwashing, environmentalists say
- British Airways increases Norway routes